I should create an entire blog dedicated to time management. Maybe then I’ll start developing it for real. (Like, can you seriously call blogging until a quarter to one without schoolwork and with other tasks still to do proper time management?)
So it’s 12:03 and I’ve still got the following to do before setting off to MIT and my pre-orientation trip (Yellowstone!):
– Send out certificates to people who didn’t pick them up for my club (part of the delay is a computer
ZOMG I have to interrupt –
Just as I typed this I FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY recovered the file I had accidentally deleted that has all the certificates!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOGMDSIHFEAUWOIghudshgioufhguoaywre[9t8gadislkfxhnv
OMG I have not been more happy all summer.
STRIVE-rs, if any of you are reading this… expect good certificates soon (you may still need to get them signed by our advisor Mr. Citron though X_X)
ZOMG I am speechless.
Miracles do happen while blogging.
Ah I almost forgot the topic – time management – whew, OK…
Basically, things will probably change as school starts in terms of this blog. For one, I’ll be gone for a week to Yellowstone for an MIT pre-orientation trip (August 22-29), but to make up for any lost blogging time I’ll put up tons of pictures at the end.
For another, when school DOES start there are going to be a LOT of activities and a LOT of work. I think I’ve garnered that much. So I’ve spent like an hour a day on this blog thing, but I’ll probably have to cut down on that time if I want to stay sane. (And I might start repeating videos if I post too often. Horror of horrors!)
So, depending on how things go I’ll make it a goal to update bi-weekly or once a week. Perhaps if I’m really good I’ll schedule a certain time. I’m not talking about the MIT blogs here – the process seems very competitive so I’ll have no idea if I’ll be able to “officially” blog for all the prospective MIT freshmen among you – either way I’ll make sure to keep this updated. Perhaps that will make up for my impending loss of a social life.
No, I will TRY to have a social life. But for me, at least, this helps. It’s a great way to tell everyone everything without having to email everyone and worry about formalities and such.
Btw for all my friends who have been following me, THANK YOU!!! XDD
Grr, I’m starting to ramble (well, I always ramble) so I’m going to condense this post into bullets:
– Blogging takes time
– School takes time
– Life takes time
– Therefore, blogging will have to make room for school
– Life – ?
And now for the Mac:
– Macs are GREAT for time management
Well, that’s the conclusion of my ‘Story of Owning a Mac For Two Days’.
– iCal allows you to schedule classes, appointments, events, whatever with a click, click, click, type and click. It takes like five seconds. Back in the days when I used Windows XP I used Thunderbird and could never figure out the calendar. My much-feared memories of Outlook consist of looking over my mom’s shoulder and waiting five minutes for the thing to load.
– You can easily look at multiple windows at once. You can check your email, make an appointment, and go on the internet in a total of like 6 seconds.
– It is SO easy to upload photos from an iPhone and put them on facebook/anywhere! XD
– They are FAST (this has 4GB ram)
Bottom line: Yay Macs!
OK, now for a video (“requested” by a Jay Chou fan XD)
Non-english sub version:
English sub version: