OMG, I have not posted on this blog for like 5 or 6 days!!! Forgive me… those days were filled with surprise birthday parties for friends/sleepovers/one-day trip to Washington DC… although if you asked me about DC I could tell you more about the bus ride when one of the guys got a make-up makeover on a dare from the girls…
Well first, the surprise birthday party. We were celebrating the birthdays of two of friends from our job program with the NPS by taking them to pool (billiards, not swimming), to dinner, and then some of the girls to a sleepover at my place. This was all last Sunday. We were planning to pool from 3-5 and go to dinner from there.
Thing is that the pool place we first went to… was not there. We ended up in front of an abandoned building in Koreatown. Then we walked around until the person that said “Wait – it’s this OTHER place!” came two hours late and led us to the place down the block and across the street that DID have pool.
Afterwards, at about 7ish, we went down to the Taco House in Tribeca (not too fancy… =P) and brought out the cheesecake!
I’ll put up pictures ASAP, I’m trying to figure out how to upload them en masse from my iPhone… if anyone has any iPhone blogging experience could you send me some advice??? (I’m gonna try to use the wordpress app xD)
Oh, and today we went canoeing! (And we got stranded because of an evil current… but we’re still alive =)
Now… here’s a list of what’s left to be done for MIT (I’m arriving on Friday the 21st):
– Buy clothes, toiletries, sheets, basics, w/e
– PACK clothes, toiletries, sheets, basics, w/e
– Pack in separate bag stuff for Yellowstone trip (sunscreen, sunglasses, waterproof clothes… oh, wait, I skipped the buying step)
– Read “Reference Material” for Mission 2013 (Terrascope) (one of the documents they emailed is 182 pages)
– Apply to be an MIT blogger (just for fun! They’re only accepting four freshmen this year O________O)
– Meet all the friends from K-12 I can in < 2 weeks
– Get my social security card, glasses, and learner's permit
– Write at least 5 book reviews (for this weekend stay posted for "The Good Earth")
– Buy the latest Monkey Island game whose name I cannot recall and play it
– Buy a new laptop (possibly a 13'' macbook pro? Dad?)
– Buy Snively's cool pen thing
– Buy the Harry Potter computer game and beat it
– WATCH Harry Potter and review it
– Deposit my checks from work into my bank account
– Post here every day/almost every day
– Watch at least 5 MIT OCW lectures (already done 8.01 – the first lecture after the intro, I love how the professor makes the class interesting by making students lie down on tables and talking about mice and elephants)
– Try MIT p-sets
– WRITE MY NOVEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, maybe not the whole thing… maybe a chapter? Like a GOOD chapter unlike the ones I put on fb?
And it's probably not still going to be called "Bock'r"… I just used that name because if you take away/add a few lines it becomes "Earth"… because it takes place in an alternate universe…
OMG there are only TWO WEEKS LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think the list should be truncated here, so now for a little video:
Opening of the remake of the FMA series (supposed to be more faithful to the manga): FMA Brotherhood!